Widget Iklan 1 Atas

Events : Etsy Made Local & Battery Acid Club


Etsy Made Local : 
This event was also a random tryouts for me. I applied and I got a place to open a booth on the Sunday from the 2 days event. I was really excited because I really like Etsy, and I was hoping that the Etsy community will be supportive and like-minded.

I was right! The crowd was the best, this is one of my favorite event so far. 

I sold so many sticker packs and postcards, some greeting cards and bags. People didn’t stop coming, even though by 3pm the weather changed from a hot sweaty afternoon to a heavy thunderstorm. But the thing was, even though it rained heavily people still keep on coming and buying things :D


*

The organizer & location :
I also like the big orange banner and the Etsy's free stickers and the posters and the little cafe : Battery Acid Club that uses a lot of my own Pinterest-inspired stuffs that I pinned! Especially the part with small-sized tiles for the kitchen top and their beautiful white and black toilet. A very well-designed place. So inspiring *taken from the IG :


The map :



I took 3 of Etsy stickers from the organizer, because I really want to stick them in my journal - even though they said one person can only take one, ha ! I also received my Etsy namecard and a sticker saying "Ask me About my Etsy Shop". Isn't this amazing? All customized items for all vendors - never had this much fun and appreciation at any events.

Love the detailing. Love the chatty friendly organizers.



Things I put in my journal :



*

The vendors :
I bought some stuffs from other illustrator called "Sukka Project". I really like her own unique stroke so I bought a hand-made small pouch bag - I kinda want the postcard as well, but it was hand-made and was quite pricy for me :( All the items were silk-screened onto fabric and paper, some of the items were paper-marched into a unique characters. They told me that they are joining Rantai 2016 as well, and I asked them to produce more art prints. Ha :D



*

I also met Diawangan for the first time. She is one of my client - I designed her company's logo. I personally quite like the cute logo of the cloud and smiley face. Kak Zila brought her son and husband along. I greeted her and stopped by at her booth, but I didn't buy any items from her : she sells handmade nursery items :)


*

Near to my booth was Eleanor,'s workshop, a designer and a calligraphy artist. There were a bunch of people learning calligraphy all through the day, I wanted to greet and talk to her but she seemed a bit busy teaching. This is her takes on the event day.




Other vendors :








I think I should try to make friendly greets to everyone after this, ask around, get to know people, perhaps interview some of the vendors to write about them. For that, I need a lot of caffeine in the morning and a mental set that the day will be extra exhausting but worth it. I should also prepare for a set of questions. Hm.

*

Outcome :
Sales : RM 623
- Booth rent : RM 80
- Lunches & Dinner : RM 100 (Dinner at Rimba&Rusa, coffee at Battery Acid Club, KFC for fast lunch)
- Gas & Tolls : RM 40+
The best sales so far in the past almost 30 booths at various events.

No comments for "Events : Etsy Made Local & Battery Acid Club"